Monday, August 24, 2009
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Our Catholic school is an integral part of the Church's mission to proclaim the Gospel, build faith communities, celebrate through worship, and serve others.
The commitment to academic excellence, which fosters the intellectual development of faculty and students, is an integral part of the mission of our Catholic school.
Our Catholic school is an evangelizing, educational community.
The spiritual formation of the entire school community is an essential dimension of our Catholic school's mission.
Our Catholic school is a unique, faith-centered community which integrates thinking and believing in ways that encourage intellectual growth, nurture faith, and inpsire action.
Our Catholic school is an experience of the church's belief, tradition, and sacramental life.
Our Catholic school creates a supportive and challenging climate which affirms the dignity of all persons within our school community.
Saturday, August 15, 2009
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
We are all well aware of that there is great concern for the upcoming flu season. According to the CDC there have been over 5000 hospitalizations associated with the H1N1 virus. CDC analysis supports the conclusion that the virus has caused the greatest burden on people younger than 25 years of age. The presence of this flu may be unavoidable but there are steps we will take to protect our students and staff:
- Frequent contact and communication with our parish health minister, county health department and Office of Education
- Encourage families to obtain the flu vaccine for all family members
- Remind both staff and students to stay at home if flu symptoms are present
- Teach kids to cough into their elbow and cover their cough
- Wash hands Wash hands Wash hands!
- Keep Purell containers in classrooms filled
- Encourage correct tissue diposal in proper receptacles
- Regularly clean door knobs, desk tops, telephones
- Have a plan in place for teaching students at home for extended length of time
- Have a plan in place should school need to be closed
Friday, August 7, 2009
Today is the day we've been waiting for since March 6th. The day all our hard work paid off.The day that just gave us a great reason to celebrate. What day is it? The day we found out WE RECEIVED A 6 YEAR ACCREDITATION FROM WASC. Six wonderful years. I like the number six. Our School Board, Parent Club Board, Staff, Students, alumni and parishioners all had a hand in and contributed to the Self-Study we compiled before our WASC Team visited last March. The Catholicity of our school shines through each and every day at OLPH and we know that and we were able to share that with the team. Our academic standards and the love all stakeholders have for our school definitely sets us apart from surrounding schools. We are blessed! Take a moment to pray for our school's continued success. Then take a moment to hug your child and remind them what an awesome opportunity they are being given attending a Catholic school. Thank you everyone! You make me proud~